The library was finally completed in 1974 after five years of construction.
Named after James E. Rolfing (1926-1960)
The Rolfing family dedicated it to their son who died in a plane accident.
The library underwent two renovations. The first was in 1984 and the second in 1994.
The college library left the Lew building to merge with Rolfing in 1995.
Walter Kaiser Study Room:
Named after Walter C. Kaiser, Jr. (1933-)
Gleason L. Archer Archives:
Named after Gleason Leonard Archer, Jr. (1916-2004)
Carl F. Henry Resource Center:
The resource center was added to Rolfing Library in 1985.
Named after Carl Ferdinand Howard Henry (1913-2003), a theologian, founding editor of Christianity Today and adjunct professor at the divinity school for more than 20 years.