Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to OneSearch!
Use this Prezi tutorial to learn how to use OneSearch.
What is OneSearch?
OneSearch is Rolfing's new discovery tool -- it allows you to search for books and e-books, videos, articles, journals, digital media, and more. Although it also searches articles, you will still want to search in the EbscoHost databases, such as Atla, for additional articles.
What can I do in OneSearch?
OneSearch allows you to do more than just search for materials. Once you sign in, you can:
- View and renew your loans
- Access your previous searches
- Save and set up notifications on searches you've made
- Save items to your "favorites" list
- Access course reserve lists
- Check to see if items are available
- Do a "virtual browse" of items on the shelf beside the one(s) you're looking up
- See the full results list, including electronic resources immediately available
- Request materials from WorldShare and other I-Share libraries
How do I get started?
- Go the OneSearch page
- At the top right corner, click "Sign In." If you are a TIU student, faculty, or staff select "TIU Users."
- Your login is your TIU username and password, which you use for TIU email, myTIU, and Moodle. Be sure not to include @tiu.edu. See more help with logging in.
- After that, you will be redirected back to the OneSearch page, where you can search -
- TIU Library Catalog - search for books and other resources we have in our collection.
- IShare Libraries - search the books available to request from other IShare schools in Illinois
- Articles - search articles that we have available and will also allow you to request scans through WorldShare. For a more in-depth article search, you can go to our database search
- Course Reserves - search resources that professors have put on reserve for a course
- WorldCat - search libraries around the world for books
- Almost everything - search WorldCat and other databases for resources that you can then request through WorldShare.
How do I request books for pickup?
- Once you've located the title you need, scroll down to the Get It section of the item's record.
- Sign into OneSearch (if you haven't already done so).
- To get Rolfing's copy, click Request from TIU. To get a copy from another I-Share library, click I-Share.
- Choose your pickup institution and location. (Yes, you can get books delivered to any I-Share library!)
- Select your Not needed after date. (Be sure to give us enough time to fulfill your request -- after this date, your request will automatically expire!)
- Click Send Request.
- You'll receive an email when your items are ready for pickup!
How do I learn more?
- Contact us if you need help or have feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847)317-4001.
Use OneSearch Directly from Chrome!
Why doesn't my login work?
Your login is your TIU username and password, which you use for TIU email, myTIU, and Moodle. Be sure you don't include @tiu.edu. It should just be the first part, such as zjsmith
See more help with logging in. If you're still having problems contact email@example.com
How do I access journals and databases?
You can search for articles and journals within OneSearch. However, you can still search individual subject databases as well, such as Atla, PsycInfo, or ERIC. Just go to the "Databases" link on the library homepage below the search box.