Use this Prezi tutorial to learn how to use OneSearch.
What is OneSearch?
OneSearch is Rolfing's new discovery tool -- it allows you to search for books and e-books, videos, articles, journals, digital media, and more. Although it also searches articles, you will still want to search in the EbscoHost databases, such as Atla, for additional articles.
What can I do in OneSearch?
OneSearch allows you to do more than just search for materials. Once you sign in, you can:
- View and renew your loans
- Access your previous searches
- Save and set up notifications on searches you've made
- Save items to your "favorites" list
- Access course reserve lists
- Check to see if items are available
- Do a "virtual browse" of items on the shelf beside the one(s) you're looking up
- See the full results list, including electronic resources immediately available
- Request materials from WorldShare and other I-Share libraries
How do I get started?
- Go the our OneSearch page
- At the top right corner, click "Sign In." If you are a TIU student, faculty, or staff select "TIU Users."
- Your login is your TIU username and password, which you use for TIU email, myTIU, and Moodle. Be sure not to include @tiu.edu. See more help with logging in.
- After that, you will be redirected back to the OneSearch page, where you can search -
- TIU Library Catalog - search for books and other resources we have in our collection.
- IShare Libraries - search the books available to request from other IShare schools in Illinois
- Articles - search articles that we have available and will also allow you to request scans through WorldShare. For a more in-depth article search, you can go to our database search
- Course Reserves - search resources that professors have put on reserve for a course
- WorldCat - search libraries around the world for books
- Almost everything - search WorldCat and other databases for resources that you can then request through WorldShare.
How do I learn more?
- Contact us if you need help or have feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847)317-4001.