2 hour time limit per reservation, 1 reservation per day, per person
Group study rooms are for 2 or more individuals. Single individuals may be asked to vacate, even with a reservation (this does not apply to the Technology Room).
If room is not reserved, you may stay longer than 2 hours, but you need to promptly vacate the room when the next reservation arrives
You may not use the room without first reserving it through the room reservation system.
If your reservation has ended, and your belongings are still in the room but you are not, all items will be removed to the lost and found.
If you have not arrived within 15 minutes of your scheduled reservation time, your reservation is forfeited. Other users who wish to use the room may do so until the end of your current reservation. These users should check in at the circulation desk, and may use the room until the end of that reservation period.
Technology room: The technology study room is reserved for groups or individuals utilizing the provided technology for academic purposes. Users must check in at the circulation desk for the key to this room.
In the event of any dispute, Library Staff will ask users to present confirmation of reservation. Staff decisions regarding disputes will be final.
Library Staff reserve the right to cancel reservations in conflict with any of these policies.
Note: The first time you use the room reservation system, you will need to use a computer. After that, it will work on mobile devices.
1. Sign in using your TIU username and password (used for TIU email, myTIU, Moodle, etc.)
2. Click on Library Study Spaces – book now. (See example)
3. Choose the date and time (make sure it is when the library is open). Click Search.
4. Select the blue plus sign next to the room you want. (See example). You can click on the name of a room to see more information about it.
5. Click “next step” at the top of the page. (See example.)
6. Event Name: Be sure to enter your name.
7. Click the magnifying glass next to the group box. Type “students” in the search box. Then click “close.” (See example.)
8. 1st Contact Name: Enter your name.
9. Enter your email address.
10. Click “create reservation.”
11. You should get a confirmation email. Be sure to save this as proof of your reservation.